This photo of A.C. Curlewis of Hermsley estate was recently donated to our societies image collection He was the second eldest son of George Campbell Curlewis who selected the Hermesly estate land in 1838-39. Alfred Claribeaux Curlewis was one of the first students at Melbourne University where he did his MA degree He went on to become an inspector in the Education Department of Victoria and was shire council President of the Bellarine Shire in 1874
Mr William E Thompson and his wife May Anne (Goodenough) along with their children resided at Clifton Springs Rd Drysdale during the nine teenth century William was a storekeeper and farmer who was also involved in many community associations Many old documents were found in the roof of their house and are stored in three folders in our research room.
A recent generous donation of an old bottle to our museum from guest speaker Russell Butcher has led us to make some notes on the life of a Drysdale chemist Johann (John) Kruse was an inventive analytical chemist who owned many patents, he was one of the main instigators of the initial Clifton Springs Mineral Water Company which partnership comprised Kruse, Thomas Bates and Samuel Allnutt. He lived in Drysdale at this time. Kruse had leased the old Bellarine Mill at Drysdale